Job Shadow Questions
From an article by Jodi Walder-Biesanz, College Admission Coach
- How long have you been working in this career?
- Why did you choose it?
- What kind of education did you need to get started?
- What types of continuing education have you had as your career progressed?
- What do you like best about your work?
- What do you like least about your work?
- What is a typical day like? Will I be experiencing a typical day with you, or is there something out-of-the-ordinary today?
- What percentage of your work is done alone and what percentage of your work is done in collaboration with others?
- With which other types of professionals are you in daily contact?
- Are there any trends that are strongly affecting your work? If so, what are they?
- What are the most critical skills to have in order to be successful in your work?
- If your job has a normal career path, please describe how most people start, the various jobs along the way as they advance, and the usual amount of time in each position.
- What would a starting salary be like for someone straight out of college, and what would be a usual salary range for someone competent with ten years of experience?
- What advice would you give me if I am interested in pursuing this career?
Leave a Comment