As your final high school year begins, I want to wish you all the best. You’ll soon be busy with school work. On top of that, the next few months will be hectic because you also have to complete your college applications.
Here are the things you need to know and do in the next few months:
- Continue to keep up your grades—They still count.
- Check your HS transcript and make sure it is accurate.
- Speak to your HS counselor and find out how to order your transcript.
- If you haven’t registered for the common app do so immediately and start filling it out UNLESS you are certain that you are not applying to any common app colleges.
- Keep on looking at the colleges on your list and select schools that interest you.
You may have colleges with early action deadlines as soon as Nov.1. There is a lot to do between now and the time you apply to colleges. My advice is not to try to do everything at one time but just take 1/2- 1 hour a day to get your tasks done. If you wait until the end you are likely to feel overwhelmed.